Meeting point for the departure by bus to the Franciscan Sanctuaries of the Holy Valley of Rieti
(Optional pilgrimage in the footsteps of St. Francis)
Meeting point in Rome on 29 November 2018 :
Leonard de Vinci International Airport Rome Fiumicino from 13h30
The scheduled departure time is 2:00 pm, but the bus will wait for all registered participants before leaving, as long as you have answered the questionnaire that will be sent to you after your registration, asking you to specify :
- date and time of arrival in Rome,
- flight number and company,
- airport name, etc. idem if you arrive by train.. …
- mobile phone number (IMPORTANT: so we can reach you!!!!)
- a special section is included – at the beginning of the questionnaire – for participants arriving directly in Assisi and wishing to use the bus from Assisi to Rome (departure from Assisi around 9.30 am on Thursday 29 November 2018 – for these people, it is of course not necessary to answer the other questions! – contribution to costs)
In all cases, we ask you to call us if you are late:
- Thierry = +33 660 49 44 40
- Thérèse = +33 672 85 60 46
To reach Leonard de Vinci Airport Rome Fiumicino
1 – from the Rome-Termini Station (i. e. also from the city centre of Rome):
- take the « Leonardo Express » express train
- a train every 30 minutes
- cost 14 € €
- journey 30 min
2 – from Rome Ciampino International Airport:
a) First reach Rome-Termini Station:
more precise information will be published on this website no later than Tuesday 25/09 in the morning…
b) see point 1 – above.
Once you arrive at Leonard de Vinci Rome Fiumicino airport, a precise meeting point will be indicated shortly… where the organizers of the Retreat (Association Les Amis d’Ajatananda Ashram) will wait for you, to then accompany you to the bus.
nota bene – in the 2 airports of Rome Ciampino and Rome Fiumicino (terminal 3) :
there is a tourist information point, where you can find people who speak your language!
An optional pilgrimage
in the footsteps of St Francis of Assisi will precede the retreat: Swami Atmananda invites us to follow him on this pilgrimage to the Franciscan hermitages and sanctuaries of the Holy Valley of Rieti, where those who know how to come in silence can feel the atmosphere of the beginnings of Franciscan spirituality. Saint Francis stayed there several times, from 1217. The sacred beauty of these sites, still full of its Presence and perfectly harmonised with the surrounding nature, invites meditation, in union with one of the greatest mystics of the West.
Have a look for example : http://www.santuarivallesanta.com/