Optional pilgrimage in the footsteps of St Francis of Assisi
to the Franciscan Sanctuaries of the Holy Valley of Rieti
Registration for the pilgrimage has closed since Monday, October 1, 2018 at 7:00 pm. Indeed, the Serena hotel is full.
You can still register for the Retreat only: see Retreat page .
An optional pilgrimage
in the footsteps of St Francis of Assisi will precede the retreat: Swami Atmananda invites us to follow him on this pilgrimage to the Franciscan hermitages and sanctuaries of the Holy Valley of Rieti, where those who know how to come in silence can feel the atmosphere of the beginnings of Franciscan spirituality. Saint Francis stayed there several times, from 1217. The sacred beauty of these sites, still full of its Presence and perfectly harmonised with the surrounding nature, invites meditation, in union with one of the greatest mystics of the West.
Have a look for example : http://www.santuarivallesanta.com/
- two possibilities: retreat alone or pilgrimage followed by retreat;
- the number of places for this pilgrimage will be limited due to the capacity of the hotel. We will then ask you to register within the deadline indicated;
- this pilgrimage will take place in a spirit of great simplicity.
- from Thursday 29th November 2018 to Saturday 1st December 2018
- departure from ROME on 29th November around 2.00/2.30 pm.
The meeting place is now specified (place accessible by public transport or taxi from the 2 main airports of ROME and from the station, including a coach parking lot) – NOTE: people arriving by car can park it in ASSISE and join ROME by this coach, because it will make the journey ASSISE-ROME empty, against a contribution to the expenses. See page : meeting point .
- coach transport
- two nights at the Serena Hotel, RIETI (http://www.mscrieti.it/)
- return to ASSISI on December 1st around 12:30 pm, meal assured at Casa Papa Giovanni, then participation in the retreat.
Cost of the pilgrimage
215 € all inclusive :
- accommodation at the Serena Hotel in Rieti (two nights with breakfast) ;
- 4 meals in a restaurant, coffee or herbal tea included (one lunch on Friday 30th, two evening meals, and one lunch at La Casa Papa Giovanni on Saturday 1st December);
- transport costs: the association has booked a bus with driver to transport the pilgrims;
- all other costs: accommodation and meals for the driver, donations during visits to Franciscan monasteries, tips to the driver, restaurants and hotel.
Prices are calculated – as accurately as possible – for an estimated participation of 30 people: if there are less participants, a supplement according to the number of participants may be requested…
- only participants in the Retreat can make the pilgrimage: please wait until you have received the receipt of payment of your administrative fee, stating:
- Name: your First name, your Last name
- Amount: € 40.00
- Registration is now open
- deadline for registration: Monday 1st October (due to the limited number of rooms at the Serena Hotel, registration might be closed more quickly: 45 places only).
Registration can be done:
- online: see below;
- by telephone, if you are not comfortable with the Internet: you can call us on +33 660 49 44 40 to arrange a later telephone appointment. We will proceed to your registration directly on our computer. If you wish to use the fastest and easiest procedure for you and for us, please bring your Bank Card with you.
Online registration procedure :
Click on the link: Registration Pilgrimage 2018
At the end of this online registration, you will be asked to pay:
- by credit card (your registration will then be validated immediately);
- or by bank transfer: choose the option”Autres” (Others) when choosing the payment method (your registration will only be validated after receipt of the transfer or check, which we will confirm by email).
Note about the AssoConnect website : AssoConnect is a web platform, designed to help associations to manage the registration of their members, or their participation in events, etc. As a website under French law, it is currently only available in French… Sorry. If you connect from another country, you could use Google Chrome and its automatic translation function…